Friday, April 13, 2012

DareDevil Belt Buckle Ordered

My UD Replicas DareDevil suit showed up the other day, and I will post pics soon, I promise. In the mean time, I've decided to replace the belt buckle on it. In a totally unrelated item, Art Andrews recently set about finding the buckle to his Storm Shadow costume from the G.I. Joe movie. To his surprise, the RPF identified it in under 8 minutes. I didn't really think much of it at the time, but I read the thread ONLY because Art was raving about how impressed he was by the breadth of knowledge present on the forum.

Fair enough!

So I read the thread, and I guess mentally filed away what the buckle looked like.

A week later, my DD suit arrived and I spied on the belt what I believed was the same buckle. Sure enough, it is. The buckle on the DD suit is a repro, made of plastic. I'd rather have it in metal... and I gets what I wants!!

Here's the website selling the belt and correct buckle:

http://www.wildlandwarehouse.com/wwcatalog/Airlock_Wildland_Belt_P21989C727.cfm

Shipping was 10 bucks, which makes this a pretty expensive belt, but oh well.

No comments: