Monday, March 26, 2012

TOS Tri-Viewer Update

Progress continues on the Tri-Viewer!

I've finished assembly of the monitor. This meant measuring out and cutting those three slats that go in on the tips of the triangles. I still need to cut down the sharp corners of the base and lid, but it's getting there.



The base is finished and painted. I have forgotten how agonizingly difficult it is to clean out EVERY little detail on porous surfaces. I really quite hate it! Very time consuming, and even after hours and hours of work, it's still not totally without flaw. BUT it will look great on film, that's for sure!



In other news, my Torchwood Vortex Manipulator FINALLY showed up. Shapeways was a little slow, but finally delivered. It looks pretty nice, though it needs some cleaning up. Smaller than I expected too!

No comments: