Monday, April 25, 2011

Light Reading

Now that I've gone public with the big project, I can start backfilling some blog posts that have been queued up for a while.

A while back, I picked up these three books.



The one on repairing your car is the one I read first. It turned out to be immensely valuable. It explained in easy to understand terms every major mechanical system in a car. In high school, I took auto shop, and we pulled apart a V8 and built it back up until it ran. Very valuable experience, and it's actually finally paying off. I'm familiar with a lot of car related stuff, and this book really fleshed out my knowledge. Granted, I don't know everything, but after reading this book, I realized that I'm feeling pretty confident that I can tackle what this project will throw at me.

I'm in the middle of reading the book on body work right now. For the most part, this is stuff I already know through my other hobby related builds. This one goes into a little more detail around specific types of repairs and injuries, but in general, the principles are the same as what I already know. Just a different scale.

For those of you who are interested, I highly recommend these two books. I suspect the third one is just as good, but since I haven't read it yet, I cannot comment.

No comments: