Friday, December 17, 2010

Another Rubber Disappointment

Part of being insane about details is that it often leads to a steady stream of disappointment. Witness my quest to find the source material used for the outer skin of the Superman Returns cape.

I have been scouring the internet and brick/mortar retailers for more than a year now, and haven't found what I'm looking for. Lately, some friends pointed me in the direction of a company in India, which looked like it might have something of interest.

However, when the samples arrived, it was all wrong.



The pyramids are about four times too big, and there's that weird flat space in between each shape.

No big deal really, as I wasn't expecting miracles. Still, it would be great to find that stuff some day. Not NECESSARY, but would just make life a little easier and less worrisome for me.

No comments: