Monday, October 18, 2010

Tron Identity Disk

When I was a kid, I was all about painting frizbee's just like Tron's, and then having frizbee wars with my buds. Times have change, and I'm happy to say that all the creativity out of playtime has been removed. Now you can just buy the thing right off the shelf! And because it's not even a real frizbee, you can't even throw it.

The good news is that I'm more of a collector than a thrower of things nowadays, so it actually all works out.

So you can understand my happiness when I found this at the local Target yesterday.



It's from the upcoming movie, Tron Legacy. I really think this is one of those sequels that people have been asking for for more than 25 years. Pretty great to see it's finally happening, and even more great that they got most of the original cast back in some capacity.

Here's the disk out of the box.



For fifteen bucks, it's a pretty neat toy. I don't have any good reference material to compare to, but the details are pretty sharp, and it looks pretty cool. If I had to guess, I would say it is a little undersized, but hey, it is meant for kids. Or the kid inside, in my case.

2 comments:

David said...

Yep. I picked one up on Sunday while we were in the states for Valleycon. I don't know how much use I will get from it - but I absolutely HAD to have it.

I am so looking forward to the new movie. I only wish they would re-release the original - as I never did see it on the big screen the first time.

MattMunson said...

David! Same here man, I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but it's just so darn cool! It would not surprise me AT ALL if the original Tron movie saw a limited theatrical re-release sometime soon. It would certainly make sense. Absolute WORST CASE, they release a tricked out Blu-Ray version of it, which I know *I* will be lining up for. Great blog, by the way! Post some pics of the Hit Girl suit in progress!