Friday, August 13, 2010

Smallville Daily Planet ID

This is a project I picked up about a year ago, spent a few hours on, then abandoned for some reason. Don't even know why. I guess it's just my nature.

It was about 90% done at the time, but I wanted it to be JUST right. I'm thinking I may take this with me to DragonCon this year.


Here is the front of my replica:



And the back:



And some screen captures for comparison. Note that the first one was digitally "straightened" by me so I could trace it properly.





I owe a big debt of gratitude to a gent who goes by the name of Cmdr.Kerner on the interwebs. He pointed me in the right direction of the font used for the "Daily Planet" logo, and also provided a first draft of the ID in vector format that I built on.

I ended up redrawing the Planet logo, though I kept his original sphere and latitude lines. Other than that and the words "Daily Planet" on the yellow ribbon, it's all new.

I picked up some heat free lamination pouches at Target, and they appear to be the PERFECT dimensions for my badge. Good luck, I suppose, and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

No comments: