Monday, March 8, 2010

Metal Arkham Asylum Batarang

It's nice to get a diversion every now and again from my Superman Returns project, and today did not disappoint! All the way from across the pond comes this all metal Arkham Asylum Batarang.



I have not compared size, but this was modeled after the batarang that came with the Play Station Batman game. I got one of the plastic ones a while back, and while very cool, it was a little chintsy. This one is anything but.

It's made out of steel, after all. "weapons" grade steel, whatever that means. I'm pretty sure there isn't a grade of steel for weapons, but instead is a type of steel that is commonly used in their crafting. But what the heck do I know. Frankly, I don't care. I just like having cool stuff.

I got this off ebay for about the same price I paid for the video game pack-in, so overall I'd say it's a steallar deal. If I had the patience, I would probably strip the paint off this and paint it to look new, but I don't. So I'll just leave it be. It's a really nice piece, and the fact that it feels like it could ACTUALLY crack someones skull open is a big plus for this collector.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did you get tho awesome batarang?

MattMunson said...

Read the post, dude. Info is in there. :D

Anonymous said...

Does this batarang fold?