Monday, December 28, 2009

New Direction With Boots

I am about to abandon my previous direction with the Superman Returns boots. About a year and a half ago, I contacted a very talented group of folks in Argentina who have done excellent work on Superman products in the past, and they agreed to make a set of boots for me. There was an initial spurt of effort which showed great promise, but after that, I have heard nothing from them save for bumped delivery dates. Last September, they promised me a December delivery date. Yet here we are at the end of the year with nothing to show for it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they are not being malicious, but it's just kind of a downer. It certainly does not distract from the wonderful Superman costumes they make, including the dead on replica of the Reeve style Superman I suit that I happen to own. They also did an amazing job making screen accurate boots to match.

But alas, I only have so much patience, and I think a year and a half is more than enough time to wait.

Moving on.

Based on the recommendation of a friend, I am going to give Siam Leather a try. They are a shop out of Thailand, and apparently do amazing work. The only piece of advice I was given is that the language barrier is sometimes an issue. Luckily, I have enough reference material that I may be able to thwart that. We shall see.

For reference, their email addy is info@siamleathergoods.com

No comments: