Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pigment Discovery

As regular readers will know, I've been struggling with getting a truly opaque red for the chest emblem. I spent a little time on google today, and found pretty much exactly what I was hoping would exist. It's a white pigment whose sole purpose in life is to make your urethane opaque. Check this out...

EDIT:
looks like this website was redesigned, and the URL has changed. TO make matters easy for the future, I'll just post a link to the home page:

http://www.theengineerguy.com

END EDIT:

Dispersion Color

I'm going to order some, just to experiment with. It even refers to So-Strong pigments BY NAME and how they often don't give true opacity. I'm thinking this might be the silver bullet. Woohoo!!!

I placed an order for a four ounce kit of the white stuff, and while I was there I stocked up on PMC780, and also picked up a trial kit of PMC790, which will be a little more rigid. Who knows, I might find use for it eventually.

Here's the home page. Looks like a pretty decent outfit. They resell a lot of really good products there. Good resource.

www.theengineerguy.com

No comments: