Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another Smooth-On order.

I have ordered some more urethane today. I've lost all of my notes I took on the previous stuff I have experimented with, so I'm sort of starting from ground zero. I thought I had documented it all on my blog, but I guess the search feature doesn't work as well as I had hoped. Or I forgot to blog about it.

Today I ordered small kits of the following products:

PMC-780 DRY - Trial Size
Vytaflex 60 - Trial Size
ReoFlex 60 - Trial Size

The first I am familiar with. While it doesn't quite pigment the way I had hoped, I have a very opaque yellow pigment that gets me the results I want. All of the R&D on the belt is done. I just need to produce one that doesn't have flaws. Easier said than done.

I have yet to experiment with the new urethane I got from Berman Foam. It arrived the other day, along with the latex I need to pour up a cape. Or "Brush up" a cape, I suppose.

Either way, it's been very busy over here, and I must confess I have not found much time to keep working on things. Everything is ready to go, just need to find the time.

And now that I've got that really cool Begins belt distracting me further, it makes life that much harder.

Once I get the urethane order, I will put together a post with brief descriptions of pros/cons of each of the types I have played with. Not sure if that will help anyone else, but it will certainly make for good reference for me.

No comments: