Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cape Table Completed

After another week in Ohio on business, I returned home to get cracking on the cape table. I had to make a quick run to Home Depot to pick up some more wood screws, but it's all done now.

Here's the top surface...



And here's what the underside looks like. I stood it up against the garage wall so that I could sweep out the place before I get down to molding. It will also let me move a couple of things around so that I'll have room to work.



The thing is huge! This is the biggest project-related item I've ever built, and I think it turned out well. There was a blunder on one of the corners, but it shouldn't really matter. It doesn't really need to be structurally sound, it just needs to be flat. I think it is.

Yesterday, I ordered my silicone rubber from sil-pak, and it should be here on Wednesday. If all goes well, I may very well have the mold finished by the end of this week.

No comments: