Monday, March 3, 2008

Spring forward, fall back.

Not a very catchy title, but I'm short on time today. I've got a few progress pictures, but haven't gotten them from my camera yet.

So I'll ramble about copper tubing. I was entertaining the idea of switching to acrylic or some other kind of dowel for the detail pieces. The bender I got isn't working out. Then a dude I know mentioned that he had gotten great success from using spring benders for copper tubing. The other day I stumbled onto a website that talks about the different ways to manage copper tubing.
Here's the link. I dug around on line today, and found a place that sold a set for 13 bucks, so I ordered it. I figured I'd give it a try and see how it goes. I'm always up for spending money on tools, as you get to keep them forever. I figure it's always money well spent.

I'll try to get the progress pics up later today. Long story short, I primered the other half, and laid down a coat of silver on one side. I've decided to paint the silver first, then mask off and paint the black second. I was getting mixed results with Krylon semi-gloss on top of plasti-kote primer, so I thought I would play it safe. Now, Krylon will go on top of dupli-color silver. Will it work? We shall see??

I'm finally at a point where there's a light at the end of the tunnel. With all of the boring putty and sanding stuff done, the paint and copper work should move along quickly.

No comments: