Saturday, March 8, 2008

All Taped Up With Nowhere to Go

I'm in the middle of a really nasty flu, so progress has slowed to a crawl. But given this project, that's not really unusual. With the silver paint coat all finished, I've begun the process of masking off the areas that will remain that color. The plan is to cover up the silver, then blast the whole thing with a coat of black. I suppose there's more than one way to skin this cat, this is just how I chose to do it.





How on earth they managed to crank these out for production at a rapid clip is beyond me. It's taking loads of time to get these areas masked off. What you see in these pictures is probably about two hours of work. And it's only one side of the rifle.

In other news, I've been working on another project on the side. It's an alien padd from Enterprise. This is a nifty little oddball padd that I picked up recently. With all the "Its A Wrap" auctions introducing new props into "the circuit", it was inevitable that a few goodies would fall into my hands. This piece is almost complete, save for a few little bits of perforated brass. I'm hoping to round those up within a week or so.



The graphic is slightly larger than the one that was won at auction, and I've oriented it differently. Oh well. I like it better this way anyhow. Consider it a bit of "creative license" that I took with the prop. I'm quite pleased with it. It looks good, and it came together quickly. It's also a rare little piece, so that's cool too.

No comments: