Sunday, January 27, 2008

Finally, some new pics!

These pictures are a week or so old, but they show the progress I've been making.

As I've mentioned a couple of times, this whole cleaning up the seam business is my least favorite part of the build up process. But it's going well. I'm about a month behind on my proposed schedule at this point, but what are you going to do?

Here's the main barrel of the gun, just to give you an idea of how the clean up is going.



And here's the trigger area. This was a pretty difficult area to clean up, mainly because it's so hard to get sandpaper in there.




Not really terribly exciting, but I went to Wal-Mart the other day and picked up some Krylon Semi-Flat Black that I will use as the main color for the gun.



So it's still coming along, though a bit slower than I had hoped. I'm still planning on cutting a lot of corners on the seam, meaning that I'm not going to try to make it perfect. I'd much rather have it finished. Seeing as how it's such a large piece, to strive for perfection would leave me sanding this thing until the end of the universe.

No comments: